The Contracts Specialist will serve as the main point of contact for all things contract and contract compliance. Working closely with senior leadership you will provide contract management, interpretation, redlining, as well as ensuring items within the contract is enacted for a variety of agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and revise various client-facing contracts including master agreements, amendments, and renewals.
- Actively manage contract requests, ensuring timely transition through all contracting stages, from initial review to full execution.
- Review suggestions and redlines from the external legal team and summarize key components to review with Senior Leadership.
- Provide recommendations relating to any exceptions or items of concern or caution and contribute to negotiations with the client.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all clients on any contracting questions.
- Attend negotiation discussions and record minutes to ensure agreed-upon terms are translated into the final contract.
- Meet contracting deadlines through effective time management, establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, assembly, and submission of contracts.
- Conduct historical contract review, prepare contract summaries for various departments/purposes and provide guidance to company personnel regarding contracting issues, concepts, and requirements.
- Review, redline, and modify vendor contract renewals in conjunction with Department Head.
- Maintain and manage all legal documentation within the purview of the position including vendor, client, license, lease agreements, all ClaimLogiq contracts to including, but not limited to, clients, vendors, licenses, leases,
- Act as the subject matter expert on terms and storage of legal documents
Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience of contract review within a healthcare setting OR law office serving healthcare is highly preferred.
- Previous experience executing the following: Master Service Agreement, Statement of Work, Service Level Agreement, Business Associate Agreement, and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to produce grammatically correct documents and ability to work with multiple or shifting priorities.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Computer Equipment and Software
- Understanding DocuSign and document storage site use and implementation desired.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, occasional stooping, and reaching; May require lifting up to 25 pounds; Requires a normal range of vision and hearing with or without accommodations; Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.